Breast cancer has likely impacted you or someone close to you – a mother, grandmother, wife, sister, aunt or friend. While this disease is not wholly preventable, early breast cancer detection is critical. When breast cancer is detected early in the localized stage, the 5-year survival rate is 100 percent.
Because early detection tremendously benefits the outlook for patients, DeShon Laraye Pullen PLC is helping to raise Breast Cancer Awareness this month. Please, use the facts and resources we assembled below to help further the cause!
If you participate in any charity events relating to Breast Cancer, such as fundraisers or organized walks, share them with us! We care, and love seeing people make a difference!
Breast Cancer Statistics (from BreastCancer.org):
- 1 in 8 women will develop invasive breast cancer during life.
- 1 in 1000 men will develop breast cancer.
- Approximately 40,000 women in the U.S. will die from breast cancer during 2015.
- For women, breast cancer mortality rates are the second-worst in the U.S. (lung cancer).
- Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women, aside from skin cancer.
Early Detection Plan from the National Breast Cancer Foundation: A free online resource for creating your own plan for detecting breast cancer. Every woman should create one! The Early Detection Plan is available at www.earlydetectionplan.org and through apps on Apple and Google Play.
Breast Self-Awareness Tools from Susan G. Komen: For self-awareness videos, messages and tips to help you detect and beat breast cancer, visit ww5.komen.org/BreastCancer/BreastSelfAwareness.html.